Minor in Pilates
Students enrolled within a degree program may elect to take the Minor in Pilates. The minor incorporates a professional internship with opportunities of employment in the global Pilates field as trainers, teachers, rehabilitation therapists, and practitioners. The minor requires more courses than the certificate in order to incorporate a more complete approach to tactile cueing.
- Learn professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global Pilates field as trainers, teachers, rehabilitation therapists, and practitioners.
- The program will grant certification that will qualify students for employment opportunities in both clinical setting and in private Pilates studios.
- Be familiar with the medical language used in the clinical settings of Pilates.
- Be able to recognize basic movement asymmetries.
- Demonstrate beginning, intermediate, and advanced Pilates movements.
- Gain a knowledge of anatomy as related to injury and movement.
- Be able to create responsive balance programs for clients accommodating. basic injury protocol using therapeutic Pilates-based movement.
- Gain a foundation of technical, professional, creative, and physical skills to establish their own studio.
- Complete an internship as part of the training at each level of the Pilates instruction in order to better prepare the student for a professional career in the Pilates field.