The University of Nevada, Las Vegas is an internationally recognized research institution that is truly one of America’s great success stories. In 50 years we have grown from 28 students in a single building to a thriving campus of more than 28,000 students, 3,100 faculty and staff, and outstanding educational, research, and recreational facilities.
What I love most about UNLV is that we provide our students with the opportunity to change their lives by connecting them to the careers of their dreams. Our faculty and staff have created a caring environment focused on student success that engages our undergraduate and graduate students with cutting-edge research in more than 100 disciplines.
News & Links
- Presidential News
- Campus Message About DACA - Sep. 5, 2017
- President Joins Universities Across Country to support DACA
- Campus Message of Inclusion - Nov. 13, 2016
- President's Community E-newsletter
- Academic Freedom and Responsibility
- Watch President's State of the University Address
- 2015 - 2016 Milestones
UNLV has made great strides in achieving a diverse educational environment and developing an institutional culture that recognizes the importance and value of diversity in higher education.
Diversity is an ongoing organic process, which involves:
- The attainment of a critical mass of members of underrepresented populations in the faculty, staff, and student body.
- An intellectual environment and curricular program that challenges both students and faculty to engage experiences and viewpoints unfamiliar to them.
Through its teaching, research, and numerous community-outreach efforts, UNLV is shaping our community and the lives of countless students and citizens. Find out how you can help make new ideas possible for UNLV, Las Vegas, and Southern Nevada.